About The Chamber
We are committed to maintaining a desirable quality of life featuring year-round recreational opportunities, as well as a thriving economic climate. The McCall Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau works with local businesses, citizen groups, city governments and several outlying communities to see that growth is directed in a positive and beneficial manner. The chamber is the concerted voice of local businesses to promote and protect their interests and the community as a whole.
What is your Chamber of Commerce?+
- It is a voluntary business association.
- It is a Non-Profit private 501c(6) corporation.
- It is a private business entity, operated as a business.
- It is coordinated by a dedicated Board of Directors.
- It is supported by members, grant funding and event fundraisers.
- It is a cooperative effort of members working for the common benefit of all members and the community.
- It is a well-planned agenda of work to address prioritized needs.
- It is an opportunity to network, plan and work with fellow business leaders to make important things happen.
- It is a return on investment.
Your Chamber of Commerce is Not...+
- It is NOT a social agency or club.
- It is NOT a government agency.
- It is NOT an individual or clique.
- It is NOT a sub agent of the City or County.
- It is NOT affiliated with the US Chamber of Commerce.
- It is NOT any single business or business category working for its own benefit.
- It is NOT a series of needless meetings.
- It is NOT just a donation.
The Chamber of Commerce Offers...+
- Chamber Member Referral Program – Chamber business members are identified and referred first.
- Visitors Information Center where Chamber business members can display brochures, flyers and other information regarding your business. This center is also maintained by a knowledgeable staff that can direct any interested customer to your business. The Visitors Information Center is always open and gives your business exposure to thousands of visitors each year.
- Free listings for members in the Chamber website Business Directory.
- Free listings for members in Visit McCall Magazine, published twice each year.
- Access to Chamber services including directories and demographic data.
- Efficient staff who can inform you and your business of any breaking news, decisions or information which could affect the operation of your business.
- Community Profile for relocation and business inquiries.
- Chamber website which currently more than 20,000 hits per month.
- Informative membership meetings twice per year.
- Networking opportunities such as Business After Hours, special events and committee meetings.
- Special events such as the 4th of July Celebration, McCall Winter Carnival, Festival of Trees and more.
- Advertising opportunities through the Chamber website, newsletter, Visit McCall Magazine and various publications the Chamber advertises in.
- The Idaho Department of Commerce assists the Chamber in promoting travel to McCall through an Idaho Travel Council Grant to purchase co-op advertising in various publications. Members are able to advertising in this co-op group to get wider reaching exposure with less cost. The Chamber also attends conventions, seminars and industry meetings and uses these mediums to encourage travel to the McCall area.
- Media exposure- Press releases and travel information are sent to numerous magazines, TV and radio stations to reach all of the traveling public.
- Opportunity to participate in many active and dynamic committees.